This is one of the easiest and greatest meal prep lunches, I often make it vegetarian by omitting the chicken and doubling the amount of peppers. I absolutely fell in love with Chipotle when I visited the states and this is my mini homage. It couldn’t be easier, all you really need is a pack of fajita seasoning. I feel burrito bowls are very personal, you could add cheese, a kind of bean, brown, wild or white rice. You could make a super hot salsa, or cool it down with sour cream. They are so easily adaptable and delicious.
Prep time: 10-12 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 2 chicken fillets
- 1 pack fajita seasoning ( I love smokey Bbq flavour)
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 large beef tomato, chopped in to small cubes
- 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced in to half moons
- 1 small avocado
- Tinned sweetcorn
- Black or pinto beans (optional)
- 1 pack microwaveable rice, white, brown or wild
- 1 ripe avocado
- Fresh lime
- Fresh coriander, finely chopped.
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream (optional)
- Cheese (optional)
- Chop chicken in to strips, coat with half your pack of fajita seasoning, gently oil a griddle pan and cook for around 10 minutes on a high heat.
- Mix your peppers and onion with the other half of the fajita pack and a little oil and add to griddle pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pop your rice in the microwave and then squeeze in the juice of one lime and a bunch of chopped coriander.
- Load your bowls with as much as the other ingredients as you like.
- If you are prepping this ahead, leave the avocado until ready to serve. Or make a batch of guacamole and keep in an airtight container.