Guys, I’ve given up bread. This is my fifth day without it and I can genuinely say that I am seeing buttery baguettes everywhere I look. So I have to fill the void with another carb, my main love: pasta. I suppose I’ve been quite good for a while now as I replaced white pasta with wholemeal quite some time ago. But I still like to indulge, this is one of the things I make on repeat for myself. It is super simple but amazingly delicious and if like me, you love tomatoes; this one is for you. Before I get to the recipe, I’d like to point you in the direction of this amazing pan my Mom bought me for my birthday. It’s a Paella pan from Wilko, but I genuinely think I will be cooking everything in it, everything.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
- 1 tin of tomatoes (300g)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 100g of bacon lardons
- Olive Oil
- 2 chillies
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- Dried Parsely
- Prep two pans, one full of water for the pasta (set to high) and one for the sauce.
- Add a glug of olive oil to the sauce pan, add bacon and cherry tomatoes and cook on medium until bacon starts to turn golden.
- Finely chop chilli (de-seed if not wanting heat) and garlic, add to pan and cook until garlic starts to golden, then add tin of tomatoes. Cook until pasta is cooked (about 8 mins).
- Once water is boiling add pasta and cook until soft. Drain and add pasta to sauce pan, mix well and sprinkle on salt, pepper and parsley.