There’s nothing quite like a refreshing drink, sitting out in the back garden with the sun on your face. Ok, so it still might be a little chilly, but we have been getting those glorious days where you want to soak in every last ounce of sunshine. Because let’s face it, those days are rare here in England. Spring is one of my favourite seasons, I love watching all of my plants bloom to life, lighter evenings and feeling that little bit more inclined to get up out of bed.
One of these mocktails is developed from a rum cocktail my husband had at a food festival, you can totally add rum if you fancy making it alcoholic but I’m not a big drinker at all. If you can get some glass bottles to store them in, they’d be great to pop in a picnic basket. I know, imagine that, a picnic!
Passion fruit & Pineapple, serves 2
- 2-3 passion fruit, equating to 50ml of juice and seeds
- 200ml pineapple juice
- 200ml still lemonade
- 2 slim lime wedges
- Slice of passion fruit to garnish (optional)
- Remove juice and seeds from passion fruit.
- Add to a bottle with pineapple juice and lemonade.
- Add lime wedges, serve over ice and add optional slice of passion fruit.
Pineapple & Ginger Beer, serves 2
- 50ml of apple juice
- 50ml of lime juice
- 50ml of pineapple juice
- 300ml of ginger beer
- 4 sprigs of mint
- Juice limes until you have 50ml.
- Add Lime juice along with other juices to bottle, top with ginger beer.
- Chop mint and add to bottle.
- Serve over ice.