Thai food is a huge love for me, this is a quick and easy chicken coconut soup ‘Tom Kha Gai’ packed full of flavour. This is a recipe I found in Olive magazine, but I’ve adapted it slightly. Completely gluten free and ready in under 30 minutes, can’t really argue with that. These meatballs are made from sausages, so there’s hardly and faffing and no waste. I hope you’re enjoying all of these gluten free recipes this week? I’d love some feedback of what you would like more of on the blog, remember you can tweet me or send me a direct message on Instagram.
Prep time: 12 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 8 Heck spring chicken sausages
- Thumb size piece of ginger (enough to make 1 tbsp and 1 tsp once grated)
- 2 red chili, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 50g flat rice noodles
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 50g sugar snap peas or mangetout, cut in half
- Bunch of coriander and extra to garnish
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 400g light coconut milk
- 300ml of gluten free chicken stock
- Squeeze meat out of sausage skin into a bowl, add 1 tbsp of ginger, 1 de-seeded and finely chopped red chili and a bunch of finely chopped coriander. Mix well and divide into 10 meatballs, using wet hands. Set aside.
- Cook noodles to packet instructions, then rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Add coconut milk and chicken stock to a simmer, then add meatballs and cook for three minutes, stir in lime, sugar and fish sauce, cook for two minutes, then add sugar sap peas and cook for two minutes.
- Divide noodles into bowls, ladle over soup and meatballs and then top with coriander and red chili.