I couldn’t have a gluten free week without a treat could I? This chocolate tart has a subtle sweetness, is nutty and super simple to make. The base is made from nuts and dates, making it completely gluten free and that chocolate, with a sprinkle of salt is just right. You have to be patient though, as it needs to sit in the fridge for 8 hours, so one to make over night. Perfect for a party or a lovely Sunday afternoon.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 8 hours
- 170g dark chocolate (75% solids)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 485g single cream
- 50g sunflower seeds, 50g pumpkin seeds, 75g hazlenuts, 25g chia seeds (200g total)
- 60g medjool dates
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted plus extra for greasing
- Pinch sea salt
- 20cm lose bottomed flan tin
- Add nuts, seeds, cocoa powder, 2 tbsp coconut oil and dates to a blender and blend until fine.
- Brush tin with coconut oil then press mixture into the bottom and up the sides, the base should be a couple of cm thick. Pop in the fridge.
- For the filling, add chocolate to a blender with vanilla and blitz until fine.
- Bring cream to a steam on the hob, do not boil.
- Add cream to blender with chocolate and blitz.
- Add egg to blender and blitz again.
- Pour filling into tart base and chill for 8 hours.
- Once chilled, sprinkle with sea salt.