Welcome one, welcome all, to Mothercookermas. A twelve recipe series for a very merry Christmas. I have poured my heart and soul into these recipes and I sincerely hope that at least one of them makes it into your festive season. I adore Christmas and everything about it. The smells of spice, citrus and pine. The way fairy lights twinkle in everyone’s windows. Wrapping presents with ribbon and brown paper, just everything.
I’m kicking off the recipes with a very simple non-alcoholic bucks fizz that you can adapt to make alcoholic if you wish. I adore everything citrus around this time of year, especially clementine. I find it so refreshing, mix that with ginger and you have a taste sensation. This whole process takes no more than 15 mins from start to finish, but the taste is just delicious. Don’t cheat and use store bought orange juice, it just won’t taste the same. Use the proper clementine juice, you can get them in boxes in all super markets at this time of year.
Clementine and Ginger Bucks Fizz
Prep time: 5-10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10-15 mins
- 200ml fresh squeezed clementine juice
- 25g sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger juice
- Un-alcoholic wine/Prosecco
- Juice your clementines until you have 200ml, add to a pan with 25g sugar.
- Cook on a medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Grate fresh ginger and press until you have 1 tbsp juice. Add to clementine mix and stir through.
- Fill glass just over quarter full with juice mixture and top with your chosen fizz. Serve with a fresh slice of orange.