Garlic Alfredo is one of those things that seems difficult to make, but is really very simple. It is also absolutely delicious, but then anything containing garlic gets a big thumbs up from me. A lot of you always ask me to make meals that are the perfect portion size for one. So I decided to make this recipe one of those. Starting with a pasta dish is obviously the way to go right?
I love Alfredo with prawns, but you could add anything to this. It would work great with grilled chicken, salmon or mushrooms. I served this to my husband with salmon and all he could say was ‘OH MY GOD!’ So I think that means it was delicious right? This dish is ready in 20 minutes and has minimal ingredients, another bonus.
Prep time: 3 mins
Cook time: 15-20 mins
Total time: 23 mins
- 100g wholewheat spaghetti
- 50g parmesan, grates
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 150ml double cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt, pepper and parsley
Add prawns, salmon or even mushrooms to elevate the dish. It works as is, but these would make it extra delicious.
- Pop on a pan of boiling water and add your spaghetti. After five minutes start your sauce.
- Add the butter to a pan and allow to melt on a medium heat. Once hot add the grated garlic and cook for a few mins until softened. Making sure to keep stirring so it doesn’t stick or burn.
- Slowly add the cream, whisking until it comes to a boil then lower to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes until thickened. Be sure to stir often.
- Finally, stir in your Parmesan cheese and stir until combined.
- Add the drained pasta and stir to combine, season to taste and serve with grated Parmesan.