Fresh lemon lifts any dish in my opinion, but I particularly love it with pasta. This creamy ricotta sauce is brought to life by a simple squeeze of lemon. You could add peas to bring in a hint of sweetness and a good dose of iron. But the creamy sauce alone is the thing of joy. Clinging to the tagliatelle like the hero it is, the whole dish comes together in 15 minutes or less if using fresh pasta. When spring finally kicks in, I’ll be eating this with a dressed salad and some hot roast chicken.
The main thing I am wishing will arrive, is tomato season. Some fresh tomatoes in lemon juice and some olive oil. That’s the ticket to my heart, I am so ready for the change in weather now. It’s been raining for what feels like forever. The seedlings on my windowsill are eagerly waiting to burst into life. I sort of feel that way too, just waiting to get outside and grow with the sunshine. For now, I’ll have to settle for lemons bringing me a dose of bright. Don’t like ricotta? Try this version instead. Equally as delicious.
Lemon and Ricotta Tagliatelle
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 250g tagliatelle pasta
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 40g Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 125g fresh ricotta cheese
- Add your pasta to boiling water and cook on high for 10 mins, until cooked.
- Whilst pasta is cooking, add ricotta to a bowl and mix with lemon juice and Parmesan. Season to taste.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and stir in your lemon cheese mixture.
- Serve hot with a good grating of Parmesan and season to taste. Would work great with peas or broccoli.