For a long time I have struggled with recipes for one, I find myself cooking alone a lot of the time. Being a busy, stay at home Mom I often turn to eating my daughters leftovers or reaching for eggs on toast. So I decided to start eating better and put more effort in to developing recipes for one. You could make these for lunch, solo dinners, or they might come in handy if you are a student. Either way, indulge yourself, feed yourself properly. I think that, especially Mom’s forget to eat well and it needs to change. I’ll try and keep the recipes quick, because who has the time really! I hope you enjoy them and the ingredients are easy to pick up on your weekly shop. I will also try and make as many with similar ingredients, so you don’t have to buy obscure things or spend a lot of money. Saving time and money is what we want.
- Bunch of fresh parsley
- 150ml single cream
- 80g of smokey pancetta
- Decent handful of frozen peas
- Zest of 1 lemon, juice of half
- 100g of spaghetti
- Salt & Pepper
- Add pancetta to a dry frying pan and cook until crispy on a medium heat.
- Turn heat off and pour in cream, stir and leave to infuse whilst your pasta cooks.
- Place a medium pan of water on to boil, once boiling, add your pasta and cook until desired softness. I leave mine for 10 minutes.
- With a few minutes to go of your pasta, add in your peas. Once pasta is cooked, drain.
- Add pancetta and cream mix to pasta, then add lemon juice, stir everything together.
- Serve with chopped fresh parsley and lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste.