Bit bored with breakfast? Fed up of making shakshuka? This recipe is for you, a proper weekend breakfast to get involved with. When I want an indulgent breakfast, this is one of my favourite things to make. It’s a recipe from Anetta at The Wanderlust Kitchen. I found it on Pinterest a long while ago now and I have made it so many times, it’s super simple, filling and a great help yourself breakfast or brunch. Just pop a few in the middle of the table sliced up and friends and family can take a slice. It’s a great thing to make if you’re having your mom over for mother’s day breakfast. Anything with a Mexican style twist and I’m involved to be honest.
In other news, this board you see? I handmade it and you can find the tutorial over on my story highlights on Instagram. It turned out so great and I really hope you find the tutorial easy to follow, let me know if you have a go.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 4 medium-large tortilla wraps
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Bunch of cherry tomatoes
- Bunch of corainder
- Pack of Mexican or spicy blend cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 jar or squeezy bottle of salsa ( I find the bottle much easier)
- Olive Oil
- Optional toppings: pickled jalapeno, green chilli, sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 180c/gas mark 4.
- Place two tortilla’s on top of one another, make a circle of salsa, leaving around an inch outer width. Crack an egg in to a cup and then pour your egg into the middle of the salsa ring. Sprinkle over a generous amount of cheese over the salsa and edges.
- Pop in the oven for 15 minutes, until the white of your egg is just set but still has a little wobble.
- Whilst your pizza is in the oven, blister your cherry tomatoes in a pan with 1 tsp of olive oil. Around 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and leave them on the hob.
- Remove pizza from the oven, sprinkle over a little more cheese and pop under the grill for around 5 minutes. Keep a watch on it if you want a runny yolk. That’s more 3 minutes.
- Top pizza with coriander, tomatoes and any optional toppings.