February is a month of excitement, flower buds are popping open. The light starts to creep back in and there are a few more days of sunshine. It was light at 7:30am this morning and it brought me so much joy. So to celebrate the new sense of brightness, step in this pineapple and lemonade slushie. This is a super refreshing drink, simple to make and can be made alcoholic if you wish. I prefer using fresh fruit instead of juice as there is less added sugar.
Pineapple is a great base for cocktails. You could easily swap out the lemonade here for ginger beer and add 50ml of spiced rum. Or simply add 50ml of vodka to my recipe, it’s completely up to you. I just enjoy it as a super refreshing mocktail. I adore fresh pineapple, its so sweet and tangy. You can check out all my other creations here.
Pineapple and Lemonade Slushie
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: n/a
Total time: 10 mins
- 200g fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 400ml still cloudy lemonade
- 2 handfuls of crushed ice, plus extra for the glasses
- Fresh lemon slices
- Add pineapple, lemonade and two handfuls of crushed ice to a blender. Blitz on high speed for 2 mins.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve, you can skip this if you don’t mind pulp though.
- Pour the mixture into glasses filled with crushed ice and top with a few lemon slices or chinks of pineapple.