I thought I would inject a touch of brightness in to let’s do lunch this Friday. These rainbow rolls are super simple to put together and the peanut sauce that goes along side, or spread in your wrap is super addictive. All that goodness balanced out with a little full fat peanut butter. Crunchy, salty, sweet, the perfect balance to cheer up these grey Friday’s we’ve been having lately. Let’s hope the real spring makes it’s appearance soon, because I for one am cold.
Now these rolls are completely vegetarian and can be completely vegan if you skip the honey for agave nectar. Although the chopping and batoning may seem a little long winded, it is so worth it in the end. I hope you enjoy them as much as I loved photographing them. All that colour just makes me so happy. Have a great weekend!
Serves: 4-5 rolls
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
- 2 medium carrots, cut in to batons
- Half a cucumber, cut in to batons
- Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Red cabbage, around a quarter, shredded
- 1 mango, sliced
- For the peanut sauce:
- 3 1/4 (around 6-8 tblsp) cups of high quality, free from everything peanut butter
- 80ml low sodium soy
- 60ml water
- 60ml rice vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic
- Thumb piece size of ginger
- 3 tblsp honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- For the sauce, pop everything in a mini blender and whiz until smooth.
- For the wraps, spread the inside with a generous amount of the peanut sauce, add lettuce, carrot batons, cucumber batons, sliced mango and shredded red cabbage. Roll and enjoy.