If you make this, I promise the smell that fills your house is worth it alone. Sweet bubbling tomatoes, garlic and chilli waft out of the pan like nectarine for tomato lovers like me. Now if you have a friend or spouse that doesn’t like tomatoes, like my husband…they’ll still eat it. In fact they’ll even have seconds, I mean he was pretty hungry but he really doesn’t like tomatoes. He did request for extra meat, in fact he requested salami but he’s not the cook so.
On the other hand, if you want to make this veggie go ahead. The sweet flavours of the roasted garlic and tomato make this flavourful enough. But I love adding salty prosciutto…to anything really. I’ve used wholewheat pasta because we cut out white pasta and bread a long time ago in our house. Can’t resist a potato though, potatoes and cheese are my downfall.
- 2 punnet’s of mixed cherry tomatoes (add more if you want it extra saucy)
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 3 large red chilli’s (keep 1 back for after)
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Knob of butter
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 pack of prosciutto
- Olive Oil
- 300g of wholewheat pasta
- Cut the tops of the garlic cloves and semi crush with your hand.
- Add the garlic, all of the tomatoes and 2 chilli’s to a non stick pan that you can pop in the oven with a glug of olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Roast on gas mark 4 for an hour.
- With ten minutes to go, pop on a pan of water, bring to the boil and add your pasta.
- Take the pan out of the oven, squeeze out the garlic from its case (use a fork, HOT!)
- Drain the pasta, add to the tomato pan.
- Chop the third chilli and some parsley, add in with a knob of butter, mix together and garnish with salt and pepper.
- Nestle in your prosciutto or tear it, whatever takes your fancy.