I know that I have shared a few fried rice recipes lately, but I couldn’t let salmon week pass without sharing this. It’s the most made recipe in our house, it’s so simple but so delicious. It works just as well cold as it does warm and is a great take to work lunch. I think I have made it for every single member of my family and it will forever be my husband’s choice for work lunches from now until forever.
There’s no soy in this fried rice recipe, believe it or not, all you need is a packet of smoky BBQ fajita seasoning. That’s your ticket to a lovely spicy flavour, couldn’t be easier. This was my simpler version of my salmon firecracker fried rice, which is also delicious by the way. I hope you give it a try, let me know if you like it.
Salmon Fried Rice
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 1 packet of microwavable basmati rice
- 2 salmon fillets, skin removed and chopped into chunks
- 150g frozen peas
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red and yellow pepper, finely chopped
- Pack of smoky BBQ fajita seasoning, I use Ol Del Paso
- Add the chopped onion and peppers to a wok or large frying pan with a 1 tsp oil. Fry for a few minutes until softening.
- Add the rice direct from packet, no cooking required. Cook for 5 minutes on high until rice has soaked up most of the moisture. Add chopped salmon and fajita seasoning. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes or until salmon is cook through completely.
- Add the peas at the last few moments. Stirring everything to combine. Cook for a few minutes until rice becomes a little crispy.