Morning! As breakfast is one of my most requested meals to feature, I thought I would share something that is amazingly simple to make. Helps that they are also packed full of flavour, with a base of red pesto, topped with fresh ingredients it means that you can easily make them before work. Or if like me, have a toddler running around your feet, all you have to ‘cook’ is the egg and toast the wrap.
Eggs are my main love for breakfast, you can create so many different combinations or cook them so many different ways. These tostadas would also work great with poached or boiled eggs. I totally cheated and bought red pesto from a jar, but if you have time you could easily whizz up your own in a blender. The rich base of sundried tomato pulls the whole breakfast together. I hope you like them as much as I do.
Ingredients, Serves 2
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp of red pesto
- 1 green chilli
- 1 spring onion
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Bunch of coriander
- 2 eggs
- 2 tortilla wraps
- Olive oil ( or oil of choice to fry eggs in)
- Salt, pepper, chilli flakes to taste
- Thinly chop chilli and spring onion. Halve your tomatoes and slice up your avocado. Set to the side.
- In a non stick frying pan, add your oil and fry your eggs until desired. I kept mine runny, so about three minutes.
- With one minute left to go on your eggs, pop your wraps under the grill. You can refresh older wraps by sprinkling on a little water before hand. Cook for one minute on each side until lightly golden.
- Remove from grill and smear on a tablespoon of red pesto on to each, place you egg on top, garnish with all of your fresh ingredients.
- Sprinkle on a touch of the salt, chilli and pepper. Top with torn coriander.