As we are about to head in to July and the beginning of peach season, I thought I would make a super simple salad containing them. Juicy and sweet and perfectly combined with salty prosciutto, creamy avocado, peppery rocket and finished with a honey and thyme dressing. I feel like a bit of a cheat calling this a ‘recipe’ as it really is so simple to pull together. Just griddle the peaches and whip up the dressing, five minutes to a tasty lunch.
- 2 Peaches
- 1 pack of prosciutto
- 1 bag of rocket
- 1 ripe avocado
- Sea Salt
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tblsp honey
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Few sprigs of thyme, leaves only
- Cut peaches in to segments, put aside.
- Brush a griddle pan with a little vegetable oil and wait for it to get hot, place peach segments on to the griddle and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- De-stone and cut up your avocado, layer on top of your rocket with the prosciutto and peach. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- For dressing, mix vinegar with honey and thyme leaves, then slowly add in oil mixing well.