Thai green curry is one of my favourite things to eat, I love it with meat and without. I often make my Thai Green Curry with roasted butternut squash and it is simply divine. This is an adaption of that recipe, made in to more a noodle soup. My consistency is quite thick, but you can loosen it by adding one more can of water. Simply fill your coconut milk can to the top and add it in. After discovering that Thai green curry paste is super easy to make at home, I haven’t looked back since. But if you really are stuck for time, you can use a jar of store bought. Just get a really good one, packed with flavour. In other news, I really hope you are loving February on the blog. I’ve made all of the dishes this month with one pan or tray and I hope it has taken the stress out of cooking. I know a few of you have made recipes from this month and it really has made my heart warm.
Serves: 4 small bowls, 2 large
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 5 mini chicken fillets (optional)
- 1 pint chicken/vegetable stock, plus 1 can of extra water if required
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 banana shallots
- Large bunch fresh coriander, with extra for garnish
- 2 green chillies, one with seeds removed
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Half tbsp lemongrass paste, or 1 fresh lemongrass stick, woody ends removed
- Half tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tin coconut milk, 400g
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5cm piece fresh ginger
- Black sesame seeds, optional to garnish
- Vegetable or groundnut oil
- 75-100g soba noodles
If you want to make this vegan, simply switch out the chicken for a root vegetable or tofu and a vegan alternative of fish sauce.
- If making paste, add shallots, garlic, ginger, coriander, lemongrass, sugar, chillies, lime juice and fish sauce to a blender and whizz until you have a paste.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to a medium pan, once hot add paste and cook for 2 minutes. If using store bought, add 2 tbsp to oil and do the same.
- Add coconut milk, stock and desired amount of water. Add chicken and cook for 12-15 mins on a medium heat.
- Remove chicken and shred if you wish then return to pot.
- Add soba noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
- Decant in to bowls, top with coriander and sesame seeds.