I pride myself on simple recipes here on The Mother Cooker. This recipe is the most simple I have ever created. Alas, it is nothing short of delicious and I hope you make it. You can have the chips as a side with a main meal or simply as a snack for movie night. They’d go great with a shredded roast chicken and some onion salad.
They are on the spicy side, so not for the heat haters. Although you could dip them in some mint yoghurt or even garlic sauce to cool them down. This is a great spice blend to batch and keep on hand in the cupboard. But I’ll leave that decision up to you. I served them with mango chutney, I love the sweet with the spicy. Imagine them in a chip butty, phwoar. Chips make everything better basically. Catch up with the other potato recipes here.
Curried Chips with Mango Chutney
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 40-45 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 500g potatoes (King Edwards are great!)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- Half tsp each of chilli flakes, garam masala, turmeric, cumin
- Quarter tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Jar of mango chutney
- Chop potatoes into 1 inch slices, pat dry with a tea towel.
- Add to a large baking tray with oil and spices, toss to coat thoroughly.
- Bake for 45 mins in a pre-heated oven at 220c/425f/gas mark 7, shaking half way through.
- Serve with mango chutney and some fresh chilli (optional).