After indulging in a heap of healthy meals lately, I was craving carbs and cheese. I’d say it’s out of character but it really isn’t. I believe life is about balance and we all need some pasta once
a day in a while. I love lemon with peas, there’s something so fresh about it. I always have frozen peas in, although I am a bit of a pea snob and only have the highly known petit pois brand. I love how sweet they are, brilliant green pods of deliciousness.
After only using mascarpone with tomatoes or puddings, I decided to use it in another way and it works really well here. Creamy pasta, with an after tang of lemon, sweet peas and a generous helping of Parmesan cheese. A super speedy and indulgent pasta dish, that I hope you love.
Serves: 1 generously, or 2 small portions
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 12-15 mins
- 100g dried penne pasta
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 40g frozen peas
- 65g mascarpone
- 80ml reserved pasta water
- Generous pinch of salt and black pepper
- Handful of grated parmesan cheese
- Grab a medium pan, fill with boiling water over a medium/high heat and add pasta.
- Cook until tender, around 12 minutes.
- Add peas, cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 80ml of pasta water.
- Add mascarpone, lemon juice and water to pasta, mix well.
- Season to taste and serve with parmesan.