I adore tacos, they are in my top five favourite foods. It turns out seafood is up there too, so the combination is perfection to me. Pile on a zingy pineapple salsa and it’s heaven on a plate. I’ve always loved the ease of tacos, the small portions and layers of flavour just speak to me. Pineapple is delicious in a salsa, if you’ve never tried strawberries, they are great too.
These prawn creations are a mix of delicate spice, coconut and refreshing salsa. It all balances itself out wonderfully and they go great with these pineapple and lemonade slushies. They are great for a crowd as they are sociable and people can pile things on themselves. I love just putting loads of different dishes piled with delicious things in the middle of the table and letting people get stuck in.
Prawn Tacos with Pineapple salsa
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 600g raw king prawns
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp desicated coconut
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp garlic granuals
- Salt and pepper
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 150g pineapple, cut into small chunks
- 1 small red onion
- 1 red chilli
- Bunch of coriander, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- For salsa, add all chopped ingredients to a bowl with juice of 1 lime, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Make guacamole by mashing avocados and adding juice of 1 lime, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Add wraps one at a time to a dry frying pan until toasted, keep warm in a tea towel.
- For tacos, add oil, prawns, coconut and spices to a pan and cook on high heat until pink and cooked through.
- Assemble tacos by piling them with all the different elements.