Beetroot is such a delicious, rich and amazingly healthy vegetable. It’s packed full of antioxidants, a great source of folic acid and iron. Especially great if you can eat a heap of these if you are pregnant, but in general they are a great addition to your diet. They are in season now, but a lot of people don’t know what to make with this beautiful, bright vegetable. When you roast beetroot, it becomes so naturally sweet and works great with red meat, goats cheese, citrus, fennel and nuts.
Here I have blitzed it to make a hummus, spread that over a wrap and fill it with a pickled salad, maybe even add halloumi. You could add it to a buddha bowl for a super health kick, the possibilities are endless.
Prep time: 6 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 medium size beetroot
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- Scrub beets clean and roast in tin foil in the oven for 1 hour on 200c.
- Once cooked, allow to cool and remove skin.
- Add all ingredients, bar olive oil to a blender.
- Blitz, then blitz again whilst slowly pouring olive oil through the top until your desired consistency.