The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the soft breeze is gently rustling the leaves of the trees. At this very moment you could do with something cold, delicious and sweet, am I right? Well I’ve got just the thing to satisfy that craving. These vegan friendly, gently sweet roasted peach and vanilla ice lollies are the perfect accompaniment to any spring day. Made from just four ingredients, you won’t regret whipping up a batch. Knowing these are in my freezer just fills me with joy.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Freeze time: 6-12 hours
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 35g, plus 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 6 ripe peaches
- Halve peaches by running your knife down the visible crease all the way around, then twist to open. Gently de-stone using a knife.
- Pre-heat oven to 180c/gas mark 4 and prep a baking tray with baking paper. Add the peaches cut side upwards and sprinkle over 1 tbsp of demerara sugar. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Whilst the peaches are cooking, add your tin of coconut milk to a small pan with the vanilla and 35g demerara sugar. Place on a low heat and mix until the sugar has dissolved, then remove and allow to cool. Do not let the milk bubble, a gentle steam is all you need to melt the sugar.
- Once peaches are cooked, remove flesh and place in a blender. Blitz to a puree.
- Pour the cooled coconut milk into your ice lolly mould, just below three quarters. Then add 2 tblsp of peach mix to each one, gently pushing the spoon into the mould to create a marble effect. Insert your lolly stick and freeze for a minimum of six hours. I use a silicone mould and gently dip them in warm water to release.