This delicious one pan pasta is super easy to make, packs a kick and is full of goodness. I live for one pan meals, they are such a life saver. Feeling extra lazy? Eat it out of the pan. It would pair wonderfully with garlic bread, or spicy sausage if you are a meat eater. Ready in just 30 minutes, it’s great for dinner time. It’s also a great way to eat chickpeas, one thing I adore. I’ve been really trying to eat more legumes and beans lately. Makes me feel full up for longer. Stirring them into things like this makes perfect sense to me.
Simply add everything to a pan, stir a few times and well, that’s it. Could anything be easier? It does pack a kick of heat, so maybe tone that down if you are wanting to give it to children. This is easily adjusted by reducing the amount of chilli flakes. Like one pot pasta? I have another great recipe for you to try here. Or try one of my favourites One Pot Lasagne Soup.
Spicy One Pot Pasta with Chickpeas, Tomatoes & Spinach
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 225g Ditalini pasta
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- Half litre of vegetable stock, plus 150ml water
- 1 tsp parsley, chilli flakes and salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 4 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- Add chopped onion, garlic and chickpeas to a large pot. Cook for around 5 mins until softening.
- Add spices and pasta stir to coat everything fully.
- Add tomatoes, stock and water.
- Cook for 25 minutes until, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick and sauce has thickened.
- Stir in spinach at the end to wilt.