The main thing you guys tell me over and over when I ask for feedback, is that you are desperate for more lunch ideas. Working from home, I fall in to the trap of a sandwich or realising it is 3pm and I haven’t even eaten. So this year, I have took on the challenge to not only transform the way I eat, but hopefully how you do to. So welcome to the ‘Let’s Do Lunch’ series. This low calorie, punchy salsa’d dish is ideal to pack for work. Ready in ten minutes, you can make it in the morning so it is super fresh. It is so super simple to make, has a fiery kick and although the ingredient list isn’t long, the flavour is all there.
Serves: 1 (generously)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
- 1 pack cooked king prawns
- 1 courgette
- Half a small red onion
- 2 green chillies
- 6 cherry tomatoes (on the vine variety)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Small bunch coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Pop tomatoes, onion, coriander, chillies (de-seed if you don’t like too much heat), juice of half a lime and a pinch of salt an pepper in to a small chopper/processor and blitz. Or simply finely chop by hand and season after.
- Chop ends off of courgette and using a spiralizer, create noodles. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you could use a speed peeler to make ribbons but the water content may increase. Place in a bowl or lunchbox and add the juice of the other half of lime.
- Mix the prawns in to your salsa and coat evenly, spoon over courgette noodles.
*Notes, I use a Salter spiralizer and you can pick them up super cheap. If I was to recommend a small chopper/hand blender, I would Invest in the Russel Hobbs Desire 3 in 1 (it’s AMAZING).