I have been adding the odd recipe to my Instagram stories for the little’s, but they have been so popular that I am making more effort to put some on the blog. After all, Evie’s corner is a place for food for children. I know a lot of parents struggle with what to cook, so I want to be here to help.
One recipe that was requested, was a chicken curry. The base sauce that I have created here means that you can add any vegetable, meat or fish that you like. A gentle spice, lapped up by Evie and ready in under half an hour. I added small cubes of sweet potato, but you could also add peppers, peas, green beans; anything your little likes.
Serves 1, based on a toddler sized portion.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 1 tin light coconut milk
- 1 small shallot
- 1 curry leaf
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 garlic clove
- 2cm piece fresh ginger
- 1 chicken breast
- 100g sweet potato
- 1 child’s portion microwave rice
- Peel shallot, chop in half, peel garlic, peel ginger, add to a blender with coconut milk and garam masala. Blitz until smooth.
- Chop both chicken and sweet potato in to small cubes.
- Pour blended mixture in to a small saucepan, add chicken, potato and curry leaf.
- Cook over a medium heat for 20 mins, stirring regularly. Remove curry leaf.
- Serve curry over rice.