For my next instalment of tried and tasted Tuesday, I’m turning to fish and the wonderful Abel & Cole. Honestly, I’m not comfortable cooking fish but this is so easy and absolutely delicious. This recipe even made my husband try courgette, after refusing at first and wanting rice. He reluctantly tried them before I was finished cooking and he was sold. We kept them raw too, so huge props to this recipe. We loved it so much, that we have eaten it again. I most certainly recommend it, ready in under 30 minutes and packed full of flavour. Healthy too, which I guess is always a bonus.
*Book serves 4, I’ve altered it to serve 2 but will leave both quantities in. If you don’t want the courgette to be raw. Simply throw in a wok/pan and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
Serves 2/or 4
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Purchase book: here.
- 2/ or 3 courgettes
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2/ or 3 garlic cloves grated
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4/ or 8 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2/ or 4 cod fillets
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 2/ or 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- A handful of coriander leaves
- Sea salt & ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180c/gas mark 4.
- Make noodles or ribbons of courgette using a spiraliser, a julienne peeler or veg peeler. Stop when you get to the seeded middle. Finely chop the seeded middle and set aside. Put the noodles in a bowl.
- Add the lime zest and juice to the courgette noodles, with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside to soak up the lime juice.
- Mix the ginger, garlic and chilli with the tomatoes and finely chopped courgette middles. Season.
- Place the cod in a small baking dish. Pour the ginger tomatoes over the top. Slide in to the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes. When pierced with a sharp knife, the cod should be cooked through and flaky.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan. When hot, add in the oil. Throw in the shallots and fry for 5 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Arrange a nest of courgette noodles on each plate. Top with the roasted cod. Spoon the sauce over the top. Scatter with the crispy shallots and coriander leaves.